Maintenance for all Hydraulic Pump Chairs
- Perform regular maintenance on the hydraulic pump chairs. Pump the chair all the way up and let it come all the way down for 8-10 times. Perform this maintenance Every Two Months (60 days). This will ensure proper lubrication.
- Check the nuts and bolts of the chairs Every Month because they can become loose or fall off during constant use. Tighten any loose bolt but do not over tighten. If a chair seems to be wobbly or unstable, Stop Usage Immediately until Repaired, contact Khai Kong and a technician can assist you if required.
- If there is any part of the chair, that is not functioning correctly or remains loose after performing the proper maintenance, Stop Usage Immediately and contact Khai Kong for further instructions.
- When cleaning salon floors, be sure to pull the pump pedal up to set it in a lock position BEFORE shifting hydraulic chairs. If you lift up on the chair top without locking the pump pedal you will pull the hydraulic shaft up from the pump allowing air to seep into the pump. Should this happen, you will need to pump the chair all the way up and continue pumping three or four strokes while it is up to “bleed” the air out of the unit. Let the chair all the way down and pump it all the way up again several times and your hydraulic pump should function properly. Please note that even if the pump pedal is in locked position, it does not lock the chair top to the base so do not lift the chair top only because the base may fall out.
Cleaning of Vinyl upholstery
- Detergents should never be used on a regular basis for normal cleaning. Khai Kong recommends repeated rinsing with clear water after any cleaning procedure. This includes citrus based and powder abrasive cleaners.
- If flammable solvents such as alcohol, turpentine or mineral spirits are used for cleaning, then only small quantities should be applied in a well-ventilated area. Exercise proper care by advising personnel in the area and keep away from any ignition source. Always wear protective gloves.
- Direct contact with paint strippers will remove the print pattern from vinyl. Paint strippers are very corrosive. Take care to avoid skin contact by wearing protection.
- Steel wool and industrial strength cleaners are not recommended for vinyl.
- Any lacquer solvent will cause immediate irreparable damage to the vinyl.
- Wax should never be used on any vinyl upholstery, as it will cause premature embrittlement and cracking.
- Use a Non-Abrasive cleanser, a soft cloth and rinse well with plain water. Do not use abrasive cleaners as it will dull the finish and may make the bowl more difficult to clean and may cause cracking.
- Do not put weight on the bowl or drop metal, hard plastic or ceramic objects in the bowl because this could cause the bowl to crack. Khai Kong is not responsible for bowl cracking.
- Installation - check with a licensed plumber before installing. Any plumbing not performed by a licensed plumber will void the warranty, if any. Khai Kong does not provide plumbing installation service but will be able to recommend licensed plumber.
- Faucet Assembly- Faucet is pre-assembled but teflon tape (not supplied) or other approved pipe sealant must be applied to all connections and copper tubing. Tighten and inspect all connections before the water is turned on.
- Leaks can affect your pipes and water pressure and can cause damage to your facility if not addressed immediately. You are responsible to do a Monthly check for leaks by inspecting your hoses, cabinets and surrounding areas. Look for signs of moisture, such as puddles of water, water marks, a musty smell and mold growth. Do a Monthly check on your hoses for wear and tear and replace if needed.
- All electrical work must be done by a licensed electrician. Do not attempt to make any repairs or modifications on your own. Any electrical work not performed by a licensed electrician will void the warranty, if any.
- Acidic or abrasive cleaners can damage laminate surfaces; do not use them.
- Drain cleaners containing lye will permanently damage any laminate surface. If you spill a drain cleaner, wipe it up immediately and rinse several times with water.
- Hair, textile and food dyes can cause permanent stains. If dye should happen to spill, wipe it up immediately with dishwashing detergent or an all-purpose cleaner.
- Never place pots or dishes directly from the oven or burner on an unprotected laminate surface; such extreme heat can cause cracking or blistering.